How to Update Your Board's Software (Required for Extended Range Battery)
To activate your extended range battery pack, you’ll need to update your board’s software. We recommend updating your board prior to installing your extended range pack.
Before you start, make sure the board is plugged in and turned on, and your phone is charged and has a live internet connection so it can check for the required update.
- Download the Boosted App on the App Store or Google Play Store and install it on your Android or iOS device.
- Launch the app and accept the terms and conditions.
- Create a Boosted profile. You’ll need to create a profile in order to update your board’s software so it can recognize your new extended range battery pack. If you skip this step now, you’ll be prompted to do it later on.
- Pair the app to your board by pressing the board’s power button 5 times then press “Connect” on the app. If you’ve already attached your extended range battery, the power button will show a flashing WHITE LED, indicating that the board’s software needs to be updated.
- At the top of the screen, you’ll see a board update notification. Tap on the banner. Follow the instructions on the following screen. Make sure your board is plugged in and keep your mobile device close to the board so they maintain a connection during the update.
- Start the update. During this process, your mobile device will indicate its progress. If you’ve already installed your extended range battery, the power button and battery indicator lights will blink in sequence. It’s important to wait until the update is complete before unplugging or moving your board. When the board update is complete, your mobile device will notify you, and the power button will turn green or red depending on your board’s state of charge. Your board is now updated and ready to ride!
If you receive an error message, make sure the board is plugged in, your iOS or Android device is adequately charged has an internet connection and is close to the board. Then follow the steps above again.
If you do not have an Android or iOS phone or are otherwise having issues updating your board, please submit a service ticket.
Can't find what you're looking for?Contact Us