Read Before Riding - Boosted Rev
WARNINGS: DO NOT RIDE WITHOUT READING THIS MESSAGE
- Your scooter can lose power and electric brakes at any moment due to braking when the battery is fully charged and other factors. Only ride your Boosted scooter at speeds and on hills where you’d be comfortable without power and brakes.
- Braking downhill with a full battery will cause scooter shutdown and temporary loss of electrical braking power since regenerative braking will overcharge the battery. Safely come to a stop by using the mechanical disc brake or the rear fender stomp brake.
- The Throttle Wheel in higher modes can be extremely sensitive to make the scooter responsive and fun, but it also means that fast or sudden inputs could cause you to lose your balance and/or lose your grip on the handlebars. We recommend trying to move the Throttle Wheel as slowly as possible when learning to use the higher ride modes.
- Hills and high speeds can be very dangerous and can lead to crashes, serious injuries, or death. Always be extra careful when riding the scooter, even if you’re an experienced rider.
- Impact with cars and other vehicles can cause serious injury or death, so always be aware of your surroundings when riding in the presence of other vehicles. Ride defensively and assume that other vehicles cannot see you.
- Always wear a helmet. The use of additional protective equipment (knee pads, elbow pads, wrist guards, and protective clothing) is highly recommended.
- When learning to ride, we recommend that you start in a large, open, flat area with minimal or no obstacles.
- Take care to protect your scooter from damage. We have engineered the scooter to handle shock and vibration from riding over a wide variety of terrain, however, riding off of curbs, doing jumps/hops, and subjecting the scooter to other high-impact events may damage internal electronic components over time. We recommend that you regularly inspect and maintain the scooter before riding.
- Prior to using any Boosted product, we recommend that you research your local rules, regulations, and the specific laws that govern the use of electric vehicles on public roads, bike paths, sidewalks, or other places that you may ride. Ultimately, you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations, and Boosted waives all liability relating to your use of Boosted products.
Warning: Whenever you ride a light electric vehicle there is risk of death or serious injury from loss of control, loss of braking power, collisions, and falls. To ride safely, you must read and follow all warnings and instructions in this document.
Warning: Always wear a helmet when riding. Avoid slippery or uneven surfaces, steep hills, traffic, cracks, train tracks, gravel, rocks, or any obstacles that could cause a loss of traction. Avoid night riding, areas with poor visibility, and narrow spaces.
Warning: Do not ride a Boosted scooter in environments, on inclines, or at speeds where you would not be safely in control of an unpowered scooter. In the event of loss of electric braking or battery fault, you may need to rely on the mechanical disk brake or rear fender stomp brake in order to stop.
Warning: Risk of fire and electric shock: Do not open or tamper with electronics housings. Doing so may result in voiding the warranty.
Warning: Pinch points: Keep fingers, hair, and clothing away from motors, wheels, and all other moving parts.
Warning: Avoid water: Wet or icy pavement presents a hazardous riding condition. While the Boosted scooter is designed to be water-resistant, large amounts of water has the potential to damage the scooter’s electronics, and water damage is not covered under warranty. Riding on wet or icy pavement is extremely dangerous due to the potential for losing traction and control.
Please ride responsibly and respect those around you. How you ride will determine how people view this new mode of transportation.
Can't find what you're looking for?Submit a Request