Difficulty Rating: 2
Estimated Time: 30 minutes
Tools you will need:
- 4mm hex key
- 3mm hex key
- T10 Torx screwdriver
- Remove the standing platform (hyperlink to Deck Replacement)
- Now, either elevate Boosted Rev or gently turn it onto its side so that the kickstand is elevated and you can access the bottom. If you opt to turn the scooter on its side, you may want to lay it on a blanket or carpet to avoid scratches.
- Use a 3mm hex key to remove the two kickstand mounting screws located on the inside of the chassis just above where the kickstand is inserted. Set the screws and washers aside.
- To make room to remove the kickstand, you'll need to slide the front cover out of the way. This is accomplished by removing the small screws adjacent to the skid rails on both sides of Boosted Rev with a T10 Torx screwdriver.
- Slide the u-shaped front cover forward and away from the chassis.
- Remove the kickstand by loosening the alignment screw and sliding the notch in the long tab towards the bottom of Boosted Rev. You may need to loosen the alignment screw with a 3mm hex key to allow the kickstand to be removed.
- Insert your new kickstand into the opening between the front cover and the bottom of your Boosted Rev. Use a downward scooping motion with the long, flat tab of the kickstand, to position all the wires to lay in the crook of the kickstand mount. The long tab should point towards the front of the scooter, and the notch should slide under the screw on the side of the chassis. If you loosened the alignment screw, retighten it with a 3mm hex key.
- Slide the tabs of the front cover back under the bottom cover of the scooter until the holes for the screws line up. If you are having trouble getting the front cover into place, make sure the wires on the rider’s left of the scooter are not getting in the way and that the post extending from the back of the charger jack is going through its hole in the chassis.
- Reattach the small screws on each side to hold the front cover in place.
- Reinstall the kickstand mounting screws and washers. Lining up the kickstand holes may require pushing the kickstand towards the top of your Boosted Rev so that the holes are up against the chassis. Tighten the screws until they are snug.
- Turn the scooter upright again.
- Re-attach the standing platform by re-installing the four screws from earlier. Do not overtighten these screws. It is only necessary to tighten them until they are snug.
Can't find what you're looking for?Submit a Request